Knut already played his game of indoor soccer this morning and apparently it was a disaster. Two player from his team got a “blue card” and was sent of for a 2 minutes penalty, not sure what sport the ref was calling but I am pretty sure it was not soccer! When Freddie and Knut returned they both pretended that the game never happened and I am very glad that me and Miss Mira stayed in bed and snuggled.
So when I finally made it downstairs I made pancakes for the kids and tried this great recipe I re-blogged earlier this week from fit for life http://www.talesofinspiration.wordpress.com.
So now I am sitting in our sitting room sipping on my morning coffee and eating my breakfast muffin…
2 eggs and 4 egg whites
Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
salt and pepper
Splash of water
Fresh baby spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray in a saute pan, cook onions and garlic, stirring often so they don’t burn. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted add salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray 6 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Depending in the size of your muffin tin, measure out 3-4 TBSP of egg whites in each tin (or 1 egg per muffin cup), then evenly distribute your sauteed veggies into each cup. Sprinkle with just a touch of cheese for flavor (we don’t want to add to many extra calories).
- Place in oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven, let them cool until you can handle them. Place in small containers to easily grab them out of the fridge and go!